Corporate marketing manager, strategic content marketer and MBA with over 12 years of experience implementing integrated campaigns for B2B organizations providing technology products and services. Analytical problem-solver driven by intellectual curiosity to identify new opportunities, follow trends, and find creative solutions.
Please see my LinkedIn profile for my most up to date experience.
International Business Machine, Costa Mesa, CA
Content Director, Commerce (2017-present)
Using Agile Marketing practices, I work on a cross-functional team where I am responsible for content strategy, product messaging, campaign mapping, and creating content aligning to the narrative across the buyer journey to drive qualified traffic and conversions.
- Write campaign logic and email nurture streams with supporting assets to drive
leads. Achieved email engagement rate beating company benchmarks.
- Design ad creative and copy for Facebook and LinkedIn paid campaigns.
- Manage budget, resources and agency relationships.
Manage and mentor the team’s interns, assigning projects and providing direction.
Senior Content Marketing Manager (2014-2016)
I formed a first of its kind real-time newsroom, receiving a promotion, where I managed the editorial calendar and oversaw content strategy, including mapping and creating content to drive engagement and leads.
- Editor of THINK Marketing (ibm.com/marketing), which publishes 170+ avg. posts monthly, 70% from external sources including influencers, partners, customers and licensed, getting an avg. engagement rate of nearly 45% and avg. engaged time of :42. Within 4 months, it was selected for NewsCred’s #ThinkContent Awards: 50 Best Content Marketing Brands of 2017
- Drove the social content strategy for the “Above the Clutter” CMO campaign (ibm.com/think-cmo), a 7 week webisode series, creating weekly infographics, blogs and memes contributing to 178M+ impressions, 13k+ website views, 295 total conversions and 1k+ new social followers.
- Executed the social campaign for a signature launch, creating 40+ memes, an interactive webpage and an internal employee campaign, resulting in over 3 million impression, 7300 engagements externally and participation of 900+ IBMers internally.
Demand Generation/ Campaign Marketing Manager (2013-2014)
I was responsible for campaign planning and execution of the IBM Omni-Channel Merchandising campaign. I integrated a mix of digital and organic marketing, social media, channel enablement, and direct response advertising to generate new leads.
- Grew understanding of target persona and gathered insights, including identifying natural language keywords, understanding what is considered of value and relevance to the target, and finalizing their unique value proposition.
- Developed customer journey map, planned appropriate tactics for each channel/stage, developed new offers and content, implanted campaign, and tracked performance.
- Implemented content syndication, PPC, paid social campaigns (Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn), owned social content, content sponsorships, SEO, and customer events.
New Horizons Computer Learning Centers, Inc., Anaheim, CA
Corporate Marketing Manager (January 2008 – December 2013)
New Horizons is an IT training franchise. I managed demand generation campaigns and
product marketing spanning digital, search engine, event and social media marketing.
- Collaborated with training centers, Microsoft, and local Systems Integrators to implement nationwide events influencing over $1.2 million in training and reaching over 130 enterprise clients.
- Launched Cloud messaging campaign to align value proposition with latest technology trends by integrating web content, eBook, webinar series, and ad campaign in order to generate over 2300 leads.
- Developed marketing materials for SharePoint and Exchange training product launch, increasing new version sales to 93% and 92% respectively of total category sales.
- Implemented social media program leading to the adoption of social media activities by over 40% of global training centers and extending the brand’s social reach.
- Redesigned local website and launched PPC campaign resulting in increased visitor engagement as demonstrated by page views (+51%), visits (+45%), visit duration (+30%), and site search (+45%).
Marketing Coordinator (April 2006 – January 2008)
- Managed website development for corporate website including scoping, UI research, production scheduling, content management, and deployment.
- Planned and implemented 59 event sponsorships with over 45 training centers in 3 months, resulting in brand exposure at 95% of Microsoft’s launch events.
- SEO, copywriting, keyword research, and landing page optimization.
University of California, Irvine: Paul Merage School of Business, Irvine, CA
Master of Business Administration
- GPA 3.9, Dean’s Scholar (Top 12%), Beta Gamma Sigma (Top 20%), Dean’s Fellowship Award
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, Pomona, CA
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Marketing Management
- Cum Laude, Dean’s List, Golden Key International Honour Society
- Held offices of President, VP Public Relations, and Secretary
- IBM Emerging Leader Program
- Manager’s Choice Award – 2014: Unite to Get it Done Now, November 30, 2014
- Manager’s Choice Award – 2015: Listen for Need Envision the Future, August 5, 2015
- Manager’s Choice Award – 2015: Share Expertise, October 21, 2015
- Manager’s Choice Award – 2015: Share Expertise, November 11, 2015
- Manager’s Choice Award – 2015: Dare to Create Original Ideas, November 12, 2015
- Manager’s Choice Award – 2015: Show Personal Interest, December 17, 2015
- Manager’s Choice Award – 2016: Listen for Need, Envision the Future, March 22, 2016
- BluePoints Award: Unite to Get it Done Now, November 10, 2016